Spicy & Smoky Lime Coleslaw with Chipotle-Lime Aioli
Spicy & Smoky Lime Coleslaw
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 recipe for Chipotle-Lime Aioli
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded, de-ribbed and finely minced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded, de-ribbed and finely minced
- 1/3 cup finely shredded red onion
- 1 tbls lime juice
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour. Serve over a fried chicken sandwich, top your favorite fish, or serve as a side dish. Makes approximately 6-8 cups of coleslaw.
- 1 cup FIORE Chipotle Olive Oil
- 2 large egg yolks at room temperature
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tsp FIORE Yakima sea salt
- 1 tbls fresh lime juice
In the bowl of a food processor or blender, add the egg yolks, salt, garlic and lime juice. Process until well combined. VERY SLOWLY, drop by drop, begin to drizzle in the Chipotle Olive Oil while the machine is running. Extreme patience must be taken with this slow process, as too much olive oil poured in at once will cause the sauce to break!
Once the olive oil is completely poured in and emulsified, remove the aioli to a sealed container and refrigerate. This condiment is fabulous in coleslaw, egg salad sandwiches, BLT's, avocado, for dipping, etc. Makes 1-1/4 cups of aioli.