Smoked Salmon & Avocado Crostini
- 1 fresh, sweet baguette, sliced in to 30 one-half inch slices on the diagonal
- 12 oz. thinly sliced wild smoked salmon
- 3 ripe avocados, sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced very thin
- 1 large garlic clove cut in half
- 2 tbls fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup +2 tbls FIORE Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
Whisk two tablespoon of lemon juice with 1/3 cup of olive oil and sea salt in a small bowl. Add the thinly sliced onions, toss to coat and set aside.
Preheat the grill to medium or heat a grill pan on the stove to medium-high heat. With a pastry brush, lightly brush both sides of each slice of bread with the oil. Place the bread on the grill and toast until light golden brown and grill marks appear, flipping once during the process (don't burn the bread). While the bread is still very warm, rub the cut garlic clove over both sides of the bread slice. Allow the bread to cool completely; then begin layering by first adding a slice of avocado, then brush the avocado with a small amount of the onion-lemon-olive oil mixture, and give it a grind of fresh pepper. Add the smoked salmon, and top with a few slices of marinated onions and a sprinkle of chopped parsley. Serve immediately. Makes about 30 appetizers.