FIORE Pepper & Eggplant Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- 1 fresh baguette
- 1 medium sized eggplant, diced small
- 1 cup diced roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons FIORE Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 oz. good quality goat cheese, room temp
- ½ cup FIORE Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste FIORE Traditional-Style 18 Year Aged Balsamic
In a non-stick sauté pan heat 1 tablespoon of Garlic Olive Oil and add garlic, sauté for a bit; be careful not to brown, then add eggplant; sauté until tender and slightly golden. Add peppers, half of chopped parsley, salt and pepper to taste, allow to heat through; remove from heat.
Slice baguette on a bias about ½ inch thick. In a nonstick sauté pan or griddle heat 1-2 tablespoons of Hojiblanca EVOO at a time to brown the baguette slices on both sides.
Spread a tablespoon of the softened goat cheese onto toasted baguette slices; followed by a tablespoon of the slightly warm eggplant and peppers.
To finish drizzle with Balsamic; sprinkle with remaining parsley.