- 1 lb whole red beets, not peeled
- 2 tbls FIORE Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 bulb of fresh fennel, shaved and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh orange segments, quartered
- 1/4 cup medium red onion, diced
- 1 bunch fresh mint, chiffonade
- Ricotta Salata, shaved
- FIORE Blood Orange Olive Oil
- FIORE Traditional Style Balsamic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 baguette, sliced for crostini
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat beets in EVOO; place on foil lined baking sheet. Roast in oven until beets are tender (when sharp knife can be inserted easily). Cool beets and peel.
Dice beets, toss with fennel, onion, oranges, mint, blood orange oil and balsamic. Season with salt and pepper. Place a spoonful of beet mixture on crostini slice, top with ricotta salata.